Register now for the upcoming CFS plenary session
The UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) is the main United Nations body in charge of developing policy recommendations and guidance on a wide range of food security and nutrition issues. The Committee reports to the UN General Assembly through the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and to FAO Conference.
The annual session of the CFS takes place every year in October and brings together over 1100 food security and nutrition experts. This year the CFS will be holding its 44th Annual Session from October 9 to 13 at FAO Headquarters in Rome. Due to its multi-stakeholder approach, the CFS is the only intergovernmental forum within the UN system, where the participation of private sector associations and civil society organizations is facilitated by their own autonomously established coordination mechanisms.
If you register with the Private Sector Mechanism (PSM) delegation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with large business delegation (150 to 200 business representatives from around the world)
- Engage with the CFS stakeholders, in particular representatives of Member States (Ambassadors, Counsellors, Attachés)
- Participate in bilateral meetings with UN Agencies and Member States
- Join the private sector daily briefings
- Join plenary sessions
- Speak at side-events and in policy sessions
- Share information about your organization’s activities contributing to food security, sustainable agriculture, forestry, nutrition and sustainability
Furthermore, PSM financial supporters have the possibility to attend the high-level dinner, which is meant to be an exclusive occasion to discuss with Ambassadors and UN Senior Officials on selected topics related to food security and nutrition.
So, register now with the PSM delegation to attend the upcoming CFS Plenary Session in October!
This year, the CFS Secretariat requests Non-State Actors to submit an expression of interest, that will be reviewed against a set of criteria before confirmation will be sent to those selected.
The deadline to submit your expressions is 23:59 hours Rome time on 18 September 2017.
For more information on the Private Sector Mechanism: www.agrifood.net.