Online consultation for developing the Voluntary Guidelines for Sustainable Soil Management
The ‘Zero draft’ of the Voluntary Guidelines for Sustainable Soil Management (VGSSM), developed in order to promote sustainable soil management effectively in all regions, is requesting contributions to allow the Intergovernmental Technical Panel on Soils to better frame the multifaceted needs of all the stakeholders.
This online consultation invites you to address the following questions:
- Does the zero draft sufficiently outline a way to achieve sustainable soil management worldwide?
- Have all the key technical elements to achieve sustainable soil management been included in the guidelines?
- Do the guidelines take into account the great variety of ecosystem services provided by soils?
- Will the results of the guidelines, once implemented be sufficient enough to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- Do the guidelines identify activities that should be avoided to achieve multiple benefits through sustainable soil management?
The consultation will be facilitated by Dan Pennock, Intergovernmental Technical Panel on Soils, and Ronald Vargas, Global Soil Partnership Secretary.
For more information, visit the FAO Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition page.