Farming First Gender Campaign 2018 Call for Nominations
Farming First is planning a campaign for March 2018 that will focus on the empowerment of rural women, showcasing stories of success from women who have managed to bridge the gender gap in agriculture.
Does your organisation work with a woman that has achieved this? She must have a compelling story to tell that focuses on one of the following aspects of the Farming First principles:
- Natural resource management
- Agricultural extension
- Improved inputs
- Access to markets
- Research and development
To submit a story for consideration, please respond to the questions below and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 22nd December 2017.
Stories will be selected on the quality of the story, and the potential to create more collateral featuring the chosen woman (photographs, film) in collaboration with Farming First (if possible). We will also be looking to feature rural women from all regions of the world. Please attach any relevant photographs, video footage and interview material you have.
Country of Work:
- Biographical details (include family size, education, etc)
- Occupation: Is she a farmer? An agro-dealer? An agripreneur? A researcher?
- How did she bridge the gender gap? Please give specific examples of challenges she has overcome. (Min. 500 words)
- How has your organisation worked with her to help her achieve this? (Min. 250 words)
- Which Sustainable Development Goals does her work contribute to and how? (Min. 250 words)
- Which Farming First principle (listed above) does her story speak to and how? (Min. 250 words)
- Will it be possible for Farming First to conduct a written interview?
- Would your organisation be able to take additional film / photographs of this woman?