On May 5th the Private Sector Mechanism (PSM) had the opportunity to take part in a conference call with Ms. Agnes Kalibata, Special Envoy for the 2021 Food Systems Summit.
The call was attended by approximately 90 PSM members. This acted as a chance for members to discuss how they hope to help the Special Envoy in the development of the Food Systems Summit and put forward five proposals for action pathways that would touch every part of the value system. The five proposals were presented by experts in their fields. The pathways presented were:
- Livelihoods and Supply Chains - Margaret Munene, Global Dairy Platform, Palmhouse Dairy, Kenya
- Healthy Food - Rocco Renaldi, Secretary General, International Food and Beverage Alliance, Belgium
- Equitable Access - Wayne Dredge, Fisherman and active in Nuffield International, Australia
- Finance and Innovation - AG Kawamura, Solutions from the Land, Fruit and Vegetable Grower, United States of America
- Environment - Alexandra Brand, Chief Sustainability Officer, Syngenta, Switzerland
Rick White, Chair of the International Agri-Food Network opened the call by and put explaining the Private Sector's vision and hopeful path forward. You can read his full remarks here.