46th Plenary Session of the Committee on World Food Security
From October 14, 2019 11:54 until October 18, 2019 13:54
The Committee for World Food Security (CFS) is the United Nations’ forum for reviewing and following up on policies concerning world food security. It also examines issues which affect the world food situation. It was established as a result of the food crisis of the 1970s, upon recommendation from the 1974 World Food Conference.
“Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical, social and economic access to sufficient safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life. It is estimated that more than a billion people, one in every six human beings, may be suffering from under-nourishment.” (FAO)
The rise in food prices in 2007-08, followed by the financial and economic crisis in 2009, has heightened awareness on poverty and hunger issues around the world. Under these pressures, the CFS was reformed in 2008 to become the most inclusive international and intergovernmental platform for all stakeholders to work together to ensure food security and nutrition for all. The CFS Advisory Group was created to hold permanent seats for civil society, the research community and the private sector. For more information on CFS visit here.
Registration for CFS46 is open until October 9. Members of the private sector are encouraged to register themselves via this link: https://bit.ly/327VFjF
CFS46 will take place in Rome from 14-18 October 2019. Registration to the CFS will not be granted automatically. Instead, the CFS Secretariat requests that Non-State Actors submit an expression of interest to be reviewed against a set of criteria before confirmation.
To ensure you are correctly registered, please follow the following guidelines as you complete the registration:
- Visit the website clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/327VFjF
- Fill in your details and under “registration type” please select “private sector”
- Please fill in the required information and upload a picture of yourself as requested
- Please upload a copy of your passport and select “yes” under “are you a member of the private sector mechanism”
- You will receive a pending approval email. Please be sure to check your spam. You will then also receive a confirmation email. Please forward BOTH emails to email@example.com
- If you have registered for CFS and need a visa to travel to Italy, please indicate this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CFS Secretariat will follow up in early October with final approvals.
If you will require a visa to travel to Italy, please send a message to email@example.com so that she can coordinate the necessary letter of support.
If you wish to stay at the Hotel Capo d'Africa during your time in Rome, there is a room block reserved for PSM. Please contact the travel agents listed below by August 25:
If you have any questions about the registration process for CFS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to help us get you the information you need for CFS46, we ask that you fill out this short registration survey.