The IAFN Asia Chapter was established to mirror and expand the IAFN’s work in the Asia-Pacific region. It aims to be the platform for international trade associations and companies involved in the agri-food sector in Asia to engage with multilateral and international tri-sector initiatives.
- To bring a stronger, more coherent Private Sector voice to regional multilateral forumsrelevant to issues affecting the food and agriculture industries, including but not limited to food security, nutrition and sustainable agricultural practices
- To foster alignment and coordination among the food industry players on policy issues and external representation
- To highlight and engage on issues that are particularly relevant to Asia, including expanding market access to small holder farmers
In addition to the five key principles defined by the IAFN:
- Make agriculture an engine for development
- Support entrepreneurship and private enterprise
- Establish a conducive operating environment to add value to agriculture
- Further research, development, and extension services
- Capture the power of partnerships
IAFN Asia will also:
- Support science-based policy and regulation
- Work to ensure impact to smallholder farmers and small-scale businesses across the value chain.