Thursday, 13th July 2017 | 09.00 – 16.30
Yale Club, New York City | 50 Vanderbilt Ave (next to Grand Central Station)
Join us in raising awareness & investments in achieving Goal 2 & its interlinkages with all SDGs
- The 2017 United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development will take place July 10 to 19 at the UN Headquarters in New York City
- The theme is "Eradicating poverty & promoting prosperity in a changing world”.
- 7 of the 17 goals will be reviewed in-depth including Goal 2: “End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.”
- Specific mandate to review Goal 2 on food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture. Building on its vast network, the International Agri-Food Network (IAFN) will host an Agriculture and Food Day.
- Agriculture & Food Day will raise awareness of the critical need for investment in Goal 2 and its interlinkages with the other goals under focus.
- The day will include a thematically-focused plenary session, a series of roundtable discussions on interlinkages in SDGs, and a dynamic luncheon featuring youth in agriculture.
- Please join us for an Agriculture and Food Day to discuss the way this sector interlinks with all the Sustainable Development Goals and what can be specifically done to advance Goal 2
SDG Business Forum Agenda
|09.00||Opening Session: Achieving Goal 2|
|10.30||Interlinkages between the SDGs|
|11.15||Breakout Sessions on Interlinkages: Goals 1, 3, 5, 9, 14|
|13.00||Luncheon: You in Agriculture Pitch Competition|
|15.00||Putting Farming First: Partnerships to Achieve Goal 2|
|16.00||Highlights & Outcomes of the Day|
|16.30||High-Level Closing Remarks|